Monday, June 9, 2008

Bucha Lobster

What the hell is that?!


It's my first batch of Los Angeles bred 'bucha. Tangy, tingly, tasty, kombucha.


I bottled up my first batch, flavored a couple bottles with fresh ginger, some with lemon, and am well on my well to a second delicious batch. Thanks IVOR!


Here are a couple of pictures of the meals I made with the leftover produce I acquired on a new Food Network show shoot. If you can find out where television food shows are being filmed, go in the evening with open arms and suitcases, because they are sure to have gobs of vegetables, fruits, and other foodstuffs to give away. Grilled chayote, yellow squash, and zucchini with pesto, grilled asparagus, guacamole with roasted corn and poblanos.


Grilled plums brushed with maple syrup.


Roasted corn with lime.


Balsamic glazed grilled radicchio. I think it tastes like burnt cigarettes but in the best way possible.


Braised artichoke hearts.


And, lobster tails.

No comments: