Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cross Your Ts and Cs

Jared bought me a little grill for our anniversary! It's name is Wally.


Our model friends, Teresa and Candace visited us last week so we decided to christen it with our first Brooklyn rooftop BBQ. (I know, I know, it is technically grilling, not BBQ)


Teresa and I prepped everything-grilled corn and tomato salad with jalapenos, marinated cod, grilled scallions and mangos and started to light the grill.


And then we found out that charcoal from the 99 cent store refuses to burn.


The sun started to go down...


Getting impatient...


After two hours, a matchbook of matches, and repeated dousings of lighter fluid, I called my friend Bobby to get some grilling advice, who told us to throw in the towel and take it inside.


This is New York grilling.


Complete! It was very delicious.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

oh my god I love you. How did t get time off of work?

ALEX said...

looks good anyway. You gotta get one of those charcoal colanders if u want to grill like the masters.