Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Around the world in two days

Kiss me, I'm German!



Brandon and Taylor at Cheap Shots.


Anne got us the good ole' LA stalwart street foods, the bacon wrapped hot dog. This kid had mustard, grilled onions, and (gotta have green) avocado.


The bacon was impressively crispy.


That's Anne. And Mcallister!


This is a preserved lemon. Well, the beginning of a preserved lemon. I just got a new Moroccan cookbook called Arabesque, that shows you how to make them. You cut the lemon open, salt it heavily, pack them in a sterilized container and let it sit for a month.


Then we had Pho for dinner, somewhere on 8th Ave. The defining characteristic of Pho is the beefy star anise scented broth, though, Jared says it's, "Leaves".




And then... we found a TACO TRUCK! The first one I've seen in Manhattan.


14th St. and 8th Ave.


I just fabricated a chicken because I'm going to make something for dinner. The carcass is simmering away for chicken stock...

1 comment:

Escarlata said...

So I finally ate at that taco truck. It sucked.