Saturday, March 15, 2008

IRON CHEF NYC-Jalapenos

The first NYC incarnation of our ole' LA favorite party style-IRON CHEF. One of your friends chooses a foodstuff--bananas, maple syrup, coriander, whatever. And then you show up to the party with a food featuring that ingredient. Pure genius. This time was jalapeños.


Spicy sugared margaritas.


Chipotle deviled eggs and jalapeño cornbread.


Corn chowda with cilantro.


Spicy!


The winner-bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapeños. They went fast.


Capsicum kitty.


Bizcocho de chiles.

We also had chips and salsa, enchiladas, chorizo stuffed jalapeños, and beers.
Spicy food. Hot friends. Burning down the house.

1 comment:

budge said...

Thanks so much to you and Jared for inviting me to Iron Chef, hanging out, showing me amazing restaurants etc etc! You kids rule my world

I just ate a $3 burrito, i was having withdrawals after 6 days of no burritos

p.s. send me the photo of me devouring cake at Atlas!